A littleBit of a problem

littleBits-logo-web-0cbb4c02d1e45fbe719a5aa81f3d02736a2e9ff3cd50f5b89f8b771c76f59782

After our workshop using littleBits, I initially thought of using that as the main component for this project. And whilst it’s true it would probably contain everything I needed for this project in terms of different modules, there is one main issue I can see with this.

Cost. littleBits are pretty expensive. As a student who’s main priority is alcoho- i mean food, I probably wouldn’t be able to justify spending the amount required to make several projects using littleBits. The starter kits alone cost upwards of £70, which probably wouldn’t even cover what I would need.

This costs millions of pounds.
This costs millions of pounds.

A very likely alternative to this would be to use Arduino-based electronics, which would bring the cost right down, especially if I use it cleverly in conjunction with things I already own (such as the Scalextric track).

arduino

The cost of some starter kits i’ve found online can be as low as £10. This is therefore a much more likely solution. Not to mention that it can achieve everything that littleBits can.

I have no experience working on Arduino projects, so it will be interesting for me to experiment and try and improve my knowledge on the subject.

A littleBit of a problem